Tuesday, February 05, 2013

'Going to the Super Bowl changed my view of America'

Welcome to The Michael Savage Newsletter, your daily insider report on all things "Savage."
In today's issue: Dr. Savage isn’t a sports fan, but he agreed to go to the Super Bowl in New Orleans this year with his son.
He came away with a multitude of impressions about the city – both good and bad – as well as a renewed admiration for the average American citizen.


“I had some experiences in the Superdome that were so wonderful, they permanently changed my view of America,” Savage told his audience, adding:
    I wouldn't call it a personality-altering experience, because my personality was fixed at age 5.
    (And I did read Freud, and he's 100 percent right: I am who I was at 5.)
    But my mindset has changed as a result of going to the Super Bowl, in so many ways I can hardly begin to tell you.
    I didn't see one fight. I did not see one argument.
    The fans of both teams were mixed together throughout the stadium. Lots of big guys were sitting around me, fans of both teams, and when the other team scored, no one booed.
    We have the most beautiful country on the planet with the least amount of hooliganism.
    America has a lot to teach the Islamic world about crowd control, and worship and religion.
    If the Super Bowl is the religion of millions of people, then I'm all for it. It's a great religion.

No comments: