Friday, March 15, 2013

'Atheist liberals just love to play God'

In today's issue: A caller prompted Dr. Savage to note that godless progressives love to “play God” themselves, in their need to control every aspect of people’s lives, right down to how much soda they can, and should, consume.


“The less connected people are to God, the more they want to be like God,” said Savage, adding:
    Look at Hugo Chavez, the dictator who just died.
    Why are lowlifes like Sean Penn attracted to dictators?
    Because they themselves have no belief in God and believe themselves to be demo-gods.
    That's why they're drawn to the even bigger demigod.
    Do I personally know if God exists? Let's put it this way: I have my doubts.
    The older I get, the more doubts I have, when I see babies killed and I see evil thriving.
    But I'll never forget a conversation I had about God with a stranger.
    I was in North Beach in San Francisco in the mid-1970s. He was a hobo -- not a homeless bum, as they are today. In other words, he was a vagabond, with long white hair.
    I asked him if he believed in God, and he looked at me with unblinking blue eyes like I was crazy for asking such a question, and he replied: “Who do you think created me?”

No comments: